I’ve just been nominated by Tabbi at Wallflower or Butterfly for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much, Tabbi!
The updated rules for the 2016 award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers for the award.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Current Favorite Blog(s):
I can’t just choose one, so I’m going to choose a few. These aren’t necessarily in order. One of my favorite blogs is In Silence We Suffer. Matt talks about the importance of sharing your experience with others! I also enjoy The Melodramatic Confessions of Carla Louise, where Carla speaks about equal rights and other important issues. In addition, I love The Anxiety Chronicles, You’re Not Alone In This World, The Seeds 4 Life, Becca Does Life Things. Mary’s Average Adventures, Bookmark Chronicles and The Bookish Underdog. These are just a few of my favorites! What makes them my favorites is how honest they are, in addition to how well written and helpful they are!
10 Random Facts
1.) I just started watching The Ranch on Netflix (Thanks C. , I love it so far!)
2.) I’m currently reading The Da Vinci Code
3.) I’m currently writing a ghost/fantasy story
4.) I hate most classic books. I know, such a bad English major!
5.) I didn’t really start listening to The Beatles’ music until I watched the movie Across the Universe. It’s a great movie by the way!
6.) I have two soundtracks to movies. I have the Across the Universe soundtrack and the Burlesque soundtrack.
7.) If I were to be asked to see anyone in concert that I haven’t already seen, I think I’d pick Gwen Stefani.
8.) There are a few singers and bands I used to love but no longer listen to. I no longer listen to Avril Lavigne or Maroon 5.
9.) My current favorite TV show that I’m watching is Arrow! I didn’t think I’d like it that much, but I really do. Plus, Stephen Amell who plays the Arrow is so cute! That is not why I love the show though.
10.) I have a total of three Funko Pops. I think they’re so cute! My dad also has some!
Questions from Tabbi:
- How did you feel when you were finally diagnosed with a mental illness?
- I think I always knew that I struggled with anxiety. I do know that I used to think something was physically wrong with me. When I found out that nothing was physically wrong and that it was just anxiety, it did make me feel a little better. However, as many of you know, sometimes having a mental health issue is just as difficult as having a physical one.
- What piece of advice would you give me about blogging?
- Write about what you want! Don’t try to “fit in” with other bloggers, etc. You should be happy with your writing!
- What part of the day do you look forward to the most? Why?
- Morning and night, when I’m most relaxed!
- How do you think that we should work together to stop the stigma with mental illnesses?
- Share our stories, educate our family and friends, teach about it in schools, remind people that mental health issues do not mean that people are insane, dramatic, immature, etc. !
- (I love to cook – So) If I could prepare you a meal, what would you want it to be?
- Do you believe animals help people with mental illness? If so, do you have any?
- Absolutely! I don’t have any at the moment, but I used to have a rabbit. It made me feel good to be around her and when she got sick, I pushed myself extra hard to be with her. Also, I’ve been around dogs and I think they’re so loving. They make you feel calmer just being around them!
- Do you think that mental illnesses should be classified as a disability? Why or Why not?
- No! I think that once you label it as a disability, everyone looks at you differently. It’s sad, but true. Also, I think the term ‘disability’ leads to a lot of misconceptions in general! However, I do think that some mental illnesses should be classified as illnesses and some as issues. I think it depends on a lot of different things actually.
- If you and I could meet over coffee/tea, would you come? Why or why not?
- Probably not. For one thing, I might be too anxious. For another, one can never be too sure who they’re talking to on the internet. It’s nothing personal though. You seem like a really nice person!
- Tell me something that surprised you about mental illness.
- How many people struggle in the world
- Have you researched mental illness? Why or why not?
- Yes, for myself and because I took a Disability Literature class in college that focused on literature about disabilities.
- Name three things you love about your life.
Poppy’s Best of Books
Alyssa Is Reading
Becca Does Life Things
The Wishing Well
To see if you’ve been previously nominated for this award, click here!