I saw this tag over at Hot Shot Headlines and thought it was pretty awesome! Feel free to participate!
January (Garnet): Associate with warding off negative forces and dark energies – Name a book with the darkest/evilest character you can think of.
- The Unwanted by Peter Straub. I’m not going to say who the character is due to not wanting to spoil the book, but once you read it, you’ll know!
February (Amethyst): Purple is associated with royalty – Name a book with regal qualities … You can base this off of characters, or choose the king of all books.
- Dead Lines by Greg Bear! The book is amazing at horror. It’s also my favorite book!
March (Aquamarine): Washed out – Name a ‘wishy washy’ character, a character who is not strong or a follower.
- Hmmm…this one’s a little tough. Maybe Linda from Tell No One by Harlan Coben. She’s not the strongest character or the bravest.
April (Diamond): A diamond in the rough – Name a book that you loved but is not well known.
- This is again, kind of hard. I think I’m going to go with Sundays at Tiffany’s!
May (Emerald): Said to balance energy – Name two characters who balance each other well.
- Shauna and Linda in Tell No one. Their relationship isn’t really dug into, but I imagine they work well together. Linda seems like a kind and caring person (though not the bravest) while Shauna is strong and fearless.
June (Pearl): Associated with loyalty – Name a character who is loyal to the end.
- Not to go on and on about the same book, but David Beck in Tell No One. He never gives up – seriously!
July (Ruby): Blood red – Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry.
- Now You See Me by Peter Straub. The book is great but has a lot of asinine characters (on purpose).
August (Peridot): Pale green (It pales in comparison to other gems) – Name a supporting character who you like better than the main character.
- I know this is a book tag, but I’m going with a TV show on this one. Al from Quantum Leap. I love him!
September (Sapphire): Blue like the ocean which is calming – Name a book that had a calming effect on you.
- I know this is weird, but I’m going to say We Don’t Need Roads: The Making of the Back to the Future Trilogy. It’s just a nice, informational book about a great movie!
October (Opal): Iridescent – Name an iridescent book, this can be a book with a beautiful cover (Shiny? Lots of color?) Or you can base it off of a character (Quirky? Colorful?)
- InkHeart by Cornelia Funke. Gorgeous cover!
November (Topaz): Associated with resilience – Name a book with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity.
- I’m gonna say Maya from Fool Me Once. I wouldn’t say she’s always ethical, but she is very brave from what I remember.
December (Blue Zircon / Turquoise): Associated with friendship – Name a book with a friendship you want to be a part of.
- Again I’m gonna go with Sundays at Tiffany’s by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet – Jane and Michael.