Yesterday I wrote a post on my Rest in Piece Book Blog, entitled A Writer’s Guide to Thankfulness. The post talked about what I’m thankful for as a writer. Today however, since Thanksgiving is approaching, I’d like to take some time to talk about some of the things that I am thankful for in general.
A Loving Family
- While I do struggle with dealing with some members of my family and while family is never perfect, I know that they care for me and love me. I know that when I need them the most, my family members will come through for me. Some of them are more supportive than others, but I don’t doubt that they all love me. I know that some people struggle to get along with any of their family members and that sadly, many people don’t have any biological family members left in this world.
- Whether talking about the friends I have actually met or those I’ve come to know through blogging, I have so many wonderful friends who listen to me, respect me, and care about me. I think that having people in your life that you feel that you can count on and be yourself around without judgement is so important and precious. The fact that I have people in my life who try their hardest to brighten my day and make me happy is amazing! To know that these individuals truly care for me is even more wonderful. I’m so happy to have people that I can relate to and that can relate to me. I’m so grateful for these friendships.
- While I talked about this in A Writer’s Guide to Thankfulness, I’m very thankful for my talents: to write, to listen to others, and to help others. While I know I’m not the best writer in the world, I also believe that I have the power to inspire and help through words. I think that’s a fantastic gift and talent to have. I’m also a very hardworking and dedicated individual which I also think is important.
- From attending good schools and graduating college to being offered to write for some amazing people, I’ve been offered some great opportunities that I sometimes wondered if they would ever come my way. I am not only thankful for the opportunities but for the people who offered them to me.
Wonderful Teachers, etc.
- I’ve been fortunate enough to have some pretty incredible teachers/professors. These individuals have not only given me great advice and taught me important lessons, but they have also respected me as a human being and shared with me how proud they were that I accomplished the goals that I set out to achieve. I’ve had so many inspiring teachers and for that, I’m utterly grateful.
- While I do struggle with anxiety and while that utterly sucks, my health otherwise is pretty good. I know that a lot of people have to deal with a lot of other health issues, so I’m thankful that for the most part, I’m relatively healthy. Along with my health, I’m thankful for having food and shelter!
What are you thankful for? I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and fantastic Thursday!