I’ve just been nominated by Tabbi at Wallflower or Butterfly for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much, Tabbi!
The updated rules for the 2016 award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers for the award.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Current Favorite Blog(s):
I can’t just choose one, so I’m going to choose a few. These aren’t necessarily in order. One of my favorite blogs is In Silence We Suffer. Matt talks about the importance of sharing your experience with others! I also enjoy The Melodramatic Confessions of Carla Louise, where Carla speaks about equal rights and other important issues. In addition, I love The Anxiety Chronicles, You’re Not Alone In This World, The Seeds 4 Life, Becca Does Life Things. Mary’s Average Adventures, Bookmark Chronicles and The Bookish Underdog. These are just a few of my favorites! What makes them my favorites is how honest they are, in addition to how well written and helpful they are!
10 Random Facts
1.) I just started watching The Ranch on Netflix (Thanks C. , I love it so far!)
2.) I’m currently reading The Da Vinci Code
3.) I’m currently writing a ghost/fantasy story
4.) I hate most classic books. I know, such a bad English major!
5.) I didn’t really start listening to The Beatles’ music until I watched the movie Across the Universe. It’s a great movie by the way!
6.) I have two soundtracks to movies. I have the Across the Universe soundtrack and the Burlesque soundtrack.
7.) If I were to be asked to see anyone in concert that I haven’t already seen, I think I’d pick Gwen Stefani.
8.) There are a few singers and bands I used to love but no longer listen to. I no longer listen to Avril Lavigne or Maroon 5.
9.) My current favorite TV show that I’m watching is Arrow! I didn’t think I’d like it that much, but I really do. Plus, Stephen Amell who plays the Arrow is so cute! That is not why I love the show though.
10.) I have a total of three Funko Pops. I think they’re so cute! My dad also has some!
Questions from Tabbi:
- How did you feel when you were finally diagnosed with a mental illness?
- I think I always knew that I struggled with anxiety. I do know that I used to think something was physically wrong with me. When I found out that nothing was physically wrong and that it was just anxiety, it did make me feel a little better. However, as many of you know, sometimes having a mental health issue is just as difficult as having a physical one.
- What piece of advice would you give me about blogging?
- Write about what you want! Don’t try to “fit in” with other bloggers, etc. You should be happy with your writing!
- What part of the day do you look forward to the most? Why?
- Morning and night, when I’m most relaxed!
- How do you think that we should work together to stop the stigma with mental illnesses?
- Share our stories, educate our family and friends, teach about it in schools, remind people that mental health issues do not mean that people are insane, dramatic, immature, etc. !
- (I love to cook – So) If I could prepare you a meal, what would you want it to be?
- Eggplant all the way!
- Do you believe animals help people with mental illness? If so, do you have any?
- Absolutely! I don’t have any at the moment, but I used to have a rabbit. It made me feel good to be around her and when she got sick, I pushed myself extra hard to be with her. Also, I’ve been around dogs and I think they’re so loving. They make you feel calmer just being around them!
- Do you think that mental illnesses should be classified as a disability? Why or Why not?
- No! I think that once you label it as a disability, everyone looks at you differently. It’s sad, but true. Also, I think the term ‘disability’ leads to a lot of misconceptions in general! However, I do think that some mental illnesses should be classified as illnesses and some as issues. I think it depends on a lot of different things actually.
- If you and I could meet over coffee/tea, would you come? Why or why not?
- Probably not. For one thing, I might be too anxious. For another, one can never be too sure who they’re talking to on the internet. It’s nothing personal though. You seem like a really nice person!
- Tell me something that surprised you about mental illness.
- How many people struggle in the world
- Have you researched mental illness? Why or why not?
- Yes, for myself and because I took a Disability Literature class in college that focused on literature about disabilities.
- Name three things you love about your life.
- Family, friends, writing
To see if you’ve been previously nominated for this award, click here!