As many of you know, Sandy from Sandycademy created the inspirational project, Grains of Sand! As my first post of the new year, I will be posting my Grains of Sand for last month!
-Won two-line horror story contest over at World of Horror!
- This was exciting for me because I love writing and to see how many people enjoyed my story, even though it was only two lines, meant a lot to me. I’d like to give special thanks to Amir from World of Horror for hosting the contest. Also, thank you to all who voted!
-Made some great new friends on WordPress
- To some people, this might not seem like a big deal, but to me it is. I met a lot of supportive and kind people and while I’m not sure if that’s really an accomplishment, it is something that I find wonderful that it happened.
-Finished reading Nathaniel by John Saul
- Towards the end of the year, I really started getting into reading again. In December, I read Nathaniel. It’s a great book by John Saul and I recommend that you guys check it out!
-Got a really nice compliment and generous gift from a friend
- This also may not seem like an accomplishment per say, but it is something positive that happened. This person made me feel really appreciated and I’m very thankful for that.
-Wrote some poetry that I’m proud of and received high praise
- I’ve said this before, but I think as writers, we all tend to doubt our talent at times. However, through blogging, I’ve gotten some really nice compliments on my writing. Thank you all so very much!
And these are my Grains of Sand for December of 2015! Thank you to all who read my blog and support me! Also, please check out Sandy’s blog if you haven’t already done so! Happy New Year!