So I was reading a post written by Kendra over at Reads and Treats and stumbled across this challenge. She nominated all her readers and I thought I’d participate! Feel free to do the same!
- List 5 things you are glad you learned in life so far. These lessons must be from your own personal experiences, must be lessons that have directly enriched your life, made you a better person or helped harbor personal evolution. When looking at your short list you should feel proud, motivated, and inspired by your own growth.
- Explain how each lesson has changed you or impacted your life. Did this lesson surprise you? How did it make you feel?
- Tag this blog ScaleSimple in your post along with the blog of the person you found this challenge from.
5 Things I’ve learned in life so far (in no specific order)
1.) To be kind, even when it’s hardest
- Kindness is so important. I don’t know how many times I’ve been struggling and because of someone’s kindness, I felt better. Also, being kind to others not only makes them happy, but it makes you feel good as well. Kindness causes happiness and who doesn’t want to be happy?
2.) To learn from my mistakes
- I’ve made mistakes in my life. Everyone has. While looking back, I sometimes get upset about what I did or didn’t do. However, I’ve learned that the best thing to do is to learn from your mistakes and not let them happen again.
3.) To seek help
- This wasn’t always easy for me. Dealing with anxiety, I’ve seen a lot of therapists over the years. I never really wanted to see one in the first place, but something had to give. Also, sometimes we have to try new things. I never wanted to go on medication (don’t take this the wrong way, I still don’t want to be on it), but I had to try it and in a way, I think it’s helped.
4.) Don’t ever give up!
- This one is probably one of the most important. I’ve struggled with anxiety for several years but that hasn’t stopped me from working my hardest to overcome it. You know what? I’m proud that I haven’t given up because I can see what a difference working hard can make. I’m not going to allow anxiety to take over!
5.) To not change yourself for anyone else
- I know this is cliché, but there are always going to be people out there that don’t like us. There will be people that make fun of us, judge us, and misunderstand us. However, we shouldn’t worry about that. As long as we know that we’re doing the right thing, that’s all that matters.
I’ve learned so much so far in life, but these are just five lessons. Please feel free to join this challenge!